Joshua Topolsky on reasons to be excited
But like shrinking investor contributions to Silicon Valley startups, a narrowing budget or smaller stage doesn’t mean less opportunity. Not if you’re smart. Not if you’re good. CES won’t be a bust, but we’ll need to look harder — and frankly hardware companies will need to work harder. To actually make better stuff you have to, you know… make better stuff. And innovation doesn’t always look like a revolution. A lot of the time — most of the time — it’s an evolution.
Think about all of the things we haven’t gotten right yet.
Email, for instance. Email could obviously do a lot more than it does now. That’s what Google showed us. It’s what Sparrow showed us. And is that the best we can do? I doubt it. It’s a powerful communication tool, and I feel like we haven’t even scratched the surface.
- alwayswhynot reblogged this from thisistheverge
- hellolovelyscientist reblogged this from thisistheverge
- hellolovelyscientist likes this
- martinschmidler likes this
- eckspeck reblogged this from thisistheverge
- eckspeck likes this
- flufflogic likes this
- catstudies reblogged this from thisistheverge
- maybehunterpryor reblogged this from thisistheverge
- maybehunterpryor likes this
- badgoldmolar likes this
- lmvdr likes this
- ableaksky likes this
- a-clockwork-blood-orange likes this
- nodeswitch reblogged this from thisistheverge
- thetokingsmashkid likes this
- mollypopgirl reblogged this from thisistheverge
- mollypopgirl likes this
- alwayswhynot likes this
- thisistheverge posted this